Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cowrie Shell Hair Fall


Cowrie Shell Hair Fall
Originally uploaded by Dawning Dreams
I have a renaissance fair coming up in the next week. I've recently started belly dancing and I wanted a cowrie shell hair fall that a lot of tribal bely dancers wear. Unfortunately these usually cost around $30+ on E-bay and from other vendors. I searched around online and finally found a blog that went into how to make one. I'm not very good at plaiting so I three strand braided the yarn and added the cowrie shells that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I love the way it looks and I can't wait to get back to the store to find more thins to add with the shells. I think this will go very well with my pirate outfit as well. Hopefully, I'll get some better pics to post after the fair. See you all then!

No comments: