Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Steampunk Designing



Lately, I've been on a Victorian kick. I love corsets and bustle skirts and all things associated with that time period. I found myself crocheting items that reflect this era. I started with a bracelet that, in turn, inspired a choker. After the choker, I started working on a pair of Spats. Yes, spats, and what are they, you ask. Spats are shoe covering. They are a beautiful way to dress up your feet.

Unlike what Red said in the movie "Shawshank Redemption", and I quote, "I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes?". We really do look at shoes. They can tell you a lot about what a person thinks. Do they wear high heels that may look great, but are most uncomfortable. Do they wear Crocs, which are ugly as sin, but are very comfortable. Shoes are the base of every outfit.

So I set out to create a pair of Spats that reflect my personality. Well, it's turning out to be an escapade really, I couldn't stop with just one pair. So for your viewing pleasure, here are a couple of the versions I have made.

No comments: