Tuesday, December 8, 2009

3rd Annual Arkansas Fiberarts Extravaganza

This past weekend, I had the absolute pleasure to vend at the Arkansas Fiberarts Festival on Mt. Magazine. The chairs abounded with knitters, crocheters, spinners, dyers, and every other walk of fiber life. I wish I had gotten a picture of the hallway that was lined with gentlemen and ladies working on projects. There were about 50 at one point!


Pleased to have such a variety of vendors as well, I actually didn't get to shop around due to the fact that I was so busy at my own booth. I did, however, obtain a ball of hand-dyed worsted weight yarn from Mad Science Creations that is a stunning dark blue and black. I also bartered for a neat project bag for socks.


Jane and I spent a little time showing new spinners how to use a wheel. I love sitting around such a variety of wheels and comparing and contrasting. Fiber Festivals are the only place I get hands-on testing of otherwise an unattainable variety of wheels.


Here's my new Jordana Paige Knitter's bag shot with the view from our cabin. As you can see, it was stunning to wake up every morning to such a sight, and gave me plenty of inspiration to spin.

To those who have never attended a festival, I would highly recommend getting yourself to one. They are worth every drop of gas to be among such wonderful and fun individuals that make what we do a pleasure.

No comments: