After spinning my first skein of yarn on my new Babe's Spinning Wheel, I realized that the white PVC pipe "look" would simply not do. So I headed down to my local store to pick up some paint supplies to customize it. I got copper, gold, and bronze acrylic paint, along with metallic gun metal and black spray paint for plastics, and a satin top coat.
After roughing up the surface with sandpaper, I coated the whole thing in black. Then I sprayed the gun metal color. After that dried, I highlighted the joints with the copper acrylic on the joints and gold highlights throughout.
I contemplated staining the foot pedal and flyer, but I can't to afford all those supplies. So, I painted them in the bronze/gold acrylic paints, which came out beautifully. It's very steampunk inspired, and yet it matches my other house accessories wonderfully. It's now not an eye sore in the living room, and I love it!
I got some gears from an Etsy store and glued them on. They are so cool!